Lumigan eye drops are one of the most popular medications used to lower the raised blood pressure in the eyes. It is also applied to treat open-angular glaucoma.
It’s important to know that there are no symptoms of glaucoma observed usually & the only way to figure it out is to have eye pressure. One should consult the doctor immediately if they feel pressure in the optic nerves else glaucoma can also lead to loss of sight.
Benefits of using Lumigan Eye Drops
Lumigan eye drops offer certain benefits that are as follows:
- Lumigan helps to reduce the pressure in the eyes by letting the fluid flow out of the eye chamber
- Lumigan eye drops can also be used in combination with other drops/medicine used to bring down the eye pressure (Note: This should not be done without consulting the doctor)
However, Lumigan cannot be considered as a complete cure for glaucoma. It only treats the progressive conditions & soothes the patient’s eyes.
If you’ve been prescribed this medicine, you should know a few details regarding the medicine. We’re sharing them as below…
Conditions when you should AVOID using Lumigan
Lumigan side effects can be observed if you’re not careful enough while using the medicine. Here are the points to be kept in mind as “when you should not use this medicine”.
- If the patient is allergic to bimatoprost or any of the ingredients mentioned in the list, usage of Lumigan is strictly prohibited
- Do not accept the product if the seal is broken for it might be contaminated
- The bottle or packaging shows signs of tampering
- The product does not look quite right
- The product has crossed the expiry date(the medicine may not give expected results if it has crossed the expiry date)
The above-mentioned points should be kept in mind while buying the product. You should also consider the following:
- Don’t use Lumigan if you’re wearing contact lenses
- Avoid using this medicine if you’ve not removed fake eyelashes, mascara or complete eye makeup
- Don’t use medicines for children under the age of 18
That’s all you should know at the moment.
Additionally, you should tell your doctor if you’re already taking any medicine for the eyes or have any allergy. This will help them to prescribe the right medicine to treat your problem.
If you’re interested in buying Lumigan Eye Drops online, we have it at affordable rates.