About Lumigan Eye Drops
Lumigan Eye Drops is an FDA approved prescription medication that is used to treat the risk factors of open-angular glaucoma or ocular hypertension. There is hardly any medicine competing Lumigan when it comes to healing the increasing eye pressure problem. No generic Lumigan variant is available in the market that can perform as effectively as Lumigan 0.03.
Lumigan is sometimes known by its generic name i.e. Lumigan Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution too. Eyelash growth is also observed as the patient uses the drops, but this situation will not be witnessed when the patient stops using this eye care medicine.
What is Lumigan Eye Drops used for?
Lumigan Eye Drops are used to lower the blood pressure in the eyes (also referred to as intraocular pressure) which is found in patients with open-angular glaucoma or ocular hypertension. This eye medication may also be called Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution.
As the increasing pressure in the eyes is treated, Lumigan aids in a progressive condition that may lead to blindness too.
How does Lumigan work?
Though it’s hard to describe the exact way in which Lumigan works, it can be thought of as increasing the outflow of aqueous humor by draining it through two different pathways out of the eye. It regulates the fluid flow in the eyes and brings it back to normal for the patient to experience a soothing sensation in the eyes.
How to use Lumigan Eye Drops?
The patient should follow the directions of use, as mentioned in the instructions leaflet.
Before you apply Lumigan Eye Drops, make sure that your hands are washed and cleaned properly to avoid any bacterial contamination.
Remove the contact lenses (if you wear it) before applying eye drops.
Now open the bottle and squeeze a drop or two near the inner corner of your eye. Take care that the dropper-tip remains untouched by hands. Make sure that the drops settle well in your eyes by rolling your eyes closed. Wipe off the additional fluid outflowing from your eyes.
Once the medicine is applied, close your eyes for 2 to 3 minutes. Wait for at least 5 to 7 minutes before applying any other eye medication (if in use).
You may put back the contact lenses to your eyes after waiting for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
The patient should use the drops once per day or as per the instructions are given by the doctor. The drops may be prescribed for using once or thrice a day according to the patient’s condition.
Lumigan Side Effects
The following Lumigan side effects may be observed in some patients:
- Itching sensation in eyes
- Allergies like: hives, difficulty in breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Blurry Vision or Vision Changes
- Swollen Eyelids
- Rapid Eyelash Growth
- The Color change of the eye
There may be more side effects observed with Lumigan besides the above-mentioned ones. It is better to consult the doctor if any negative effects are witnessed and they don’t disappear easily.
Lumigan vs Latisse
Lumigan 0.03 contains 0.03% of Bimatoprost while Latisse is available as 0.03% of Bimatoprost and it comes with a brush applicator. Lumigan treats open-angular glaucoma and ocular hypertension while Latisse promotes eyelash growth. Lumigan drops are applied in the eyes while Latisse is applied on the upper eyelid with the help of an applicator brush.
The main usage of Lumigan is to lower the eye pressure and it may increase eyelash growth temporarily as its side-effect while the key role of Latisse is to enhance eyelash growth.
As both of them contain the same composition of Bimatoprost, they are called Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solutions.
Lumigan vs Latanoprost
Lumigan & Latanoprost are used for the same purpose i.e. to treat open-angular glaucoma and intraocular hypertension. Both of them are Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solutions. The very first difference is that Lumigan rules the market since 2001 while Latanoprost was approved in 2018. However, Lumigan price is high as compared to Latanoprost. Thus, this Lumigan alternative may be prescribed to patients who cannot afford this eye care medicine.
Care Instructions for using Lumigan
- Lumigan Eye Drops are not for the use of patients below 16 years of age.
- Store Lumigan Drops in a cool and dry place only and keeps it out of reach from children. The bottle should be tightly closed when not in use.
- Do not share your medicine with others and dispose of the bottle after 2 months, once opened.
- The patient should discuss the current medical conditions with the doctor before starting to use Lumigan Eye Drops.
- It is recommended not to use Lumigan if you are allergic to Bimatoprost.
- The doctor is required to know if:
- You have had swelling or infection in your eyes recently
- You’ve witnessed retinal detachment
- You’ve undergone eye surgery or any injury that affected your eye lenses
- The interactions of Lumigan during pregnancy are unknown so ask your doctor if it is safe to use Lumigan Eye Drops during pregnancy or if you are planning a pregnancy. Also, discuss with your doctor if using Lumigan Bimatoprost will not be harmful during lactation or breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you undergo treatment with any over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, or herbal products so they know if you should be prescribed with Lumigan 0.03 drops or not.
- Learn about the product completely if you buy Lumigan online or look for any Lumigan Coupon to help you buy this eye-care medicine at the best prices online from icareprost.com.